These turmeric crackers are my homemade version of cheez-its. They’re healthier than the store-bought version and super easy to make. They’re also a great snack anytime, and you don’t even taste the turmeric. The turmeric gives the crackers a natural orange color to them.
Ingredients for the Turmeric Crackers:
- 1 Cup Cheese (I used cheddar)
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Stick Unsalted Butter (cold, cut into cubes)
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 Tsp. Turmeric Powder (or as needed)
- Chili Powder (optional; for flavor and color)
- Few Tbsp. Ice Water (as needed to form the dough)
Directions for the Turmeric Crackers:
- To start with the dough, add the flour, salt, turmeric, and chili powder in a food processor. Pulse it together.
- Add the grated cheese, pulse. Add the butter, pulse.
- Add in the ice water while pulsing until a dough comes together.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Form the dough into a disk, wrap it in plastic wrap, and let the dough chill in the fridge for about an hour.
- Roll the dough out to your desired thickness.
- Use a ruler, and a frilly cutter or a straight cutter to cut out the squares.
- You can cut the squares to whatever size you want. I did mine in 1 inch squares.
- Take a skewer and poke a hole in the center of each square.
- Transfer the squares to a lined baking sheet.
- Bake them at 350F for about 15-20 minutes
lbry invite link: https://lbry.tv/$/invite/@chaia:b
If you sign up with this link you will get paid through LBC coin. This is the best way to get your feet wet in the world of crypto. Invite your friends and family and we all get paid.