This tea loaf is made with actual homemade brewed tea with lots of aromatic spices. I love tea, it’s definitely one of my favorite drinks. So I thought, why not put it into something else I love? So then this tea loaf happened, and it’s awesome. Even if you don’t like tea, you might like this. It’s perfect anytime of day, I love it in the morning for breakfast, or even in the afternoon with a cup of tea or coffee while I read a book. In honor of this tea loaf, I added a bonus and showed you guys how to make a real cup of chai, which is the tea in this loaf.
Ingredients for the Tea Loaf:
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup tea
Ingredients for the Tea
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 pods cardamom
- 3 cloves
- 1/4 stick cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 in. Ginger (optional)
- App. 1 Tbsp. Loose Black Tea
Directions for the Tea:
- Start by making the tea. Boil together the milk, water, add in a bay leaf.
- Use a mortar and pestle to grind the cardamom, and cloves.
- Next, add in the loose tea leaf, and don’t walk away from it because it will boil over.
- Boil the tea until the color is a nice golden brown, and a nice aroma comes.
- Strain out the tea leaf, before drinking or adding it into the loaf.
Directions for the Tea Loaf:
- Preheat your oven to 350, and grease a standard size loaf pan.
- Next, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Beat the oil, and sugar together.
- Slowly add in the vanilla, and the eggs one by one.
- Add in the dry ingredients on a low speed, alternating with the tea you made.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan, and bake it for about an hour.
lbry invite link: https://lbry.tv/$/invite/@chaia:b
If you sign up with this link you will get paid through LBC coin. This is the best way to get your feet wet in the world of crypto. Invite your friends and family and we all get paid.