This tea loaf is made with actual homemade brewed tea with lots of aromatic spices. I love tea, it’s definitely one of my favorite drinks. So I thought, why not put it into something else I love? So then this tea loaf happened, and it’s awesome. Even if you don’t like tea, you might like this. It’s perfect anytime of day, I love it in the morning for breakfast, or even in the afternoon with a cup of tea or coffee while I read a book. In honor of this tea loaf, I added a bonus and showed you guys how to make a real cup of chai, which is the tea in this loaf.
Ingredients for the Tea Loaf:
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup tea
Ingredients for the Tea
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 pods cardamom
- 3 cloves
- 1/4 stick cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 in. Ginger (optional)
- App. 1 Tbsp. Loose Black Tea
Directions for the Tea:
- Start by making the tea. Boil together the milk, water, add in a bay leaf.
- Use a mortar and pestle to grind the cardamom, and cloves.
- Next, add in the loose tea leaf, and don’t walk away from it because it will boil over.
- Boil the tea until the color is a nice golden brown, and a nice aroma comes.
- Strain out the tea leaf, before drinking or adding it into the loaf.
Directions for the Tea Loaf:
- Preheat your oven to 350, and grease a standard size loaf pan.
- Next, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Beat the oil, and sugar together.
- Slowly add in the vanilla, and the eggs one by one.
- Add in the dry ingredients on a low speed, alternating with the tea you made.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan, and bake it for about an hour.