These swirl cookies are so mesmerizing and so fun to make. As soon as I saw these cookies on Pinterest, I knew that I had to make them. I’ve never seen anything like them ever. If you want her full recipe, her site is called misspetel.com. I checked it out and tested it. It looked like it would be hard to make, but I’ve made similar cookies before. Thankfully, the recipe was great, and I could pull off the whirlpool effect. I’ll be saving this recipe for later! I’ll have the fully translated, converted version of the recipe on my blog to make this.
Ingredients for the Swirl Cookies:
- 2 sticks unsalted, soft butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- Pinch Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp cornstarch/arrowroot starch
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup melted dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
Directions for the Swirl Cookies:
- Preheat your oven to 350 F, and prepare a baking sheet with parchment or Silpat.
- Beat the butter until creamy. Slowly add in the powdered sugar, and mix until smooth.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract.
- Mix in the flour, baking powder, cornstarch, and salt.
- Make a smooth, soft dough.
- Divide the dough in half, add the melted dark chocolate, and the cocoa powder to one half.
- If the dough is too sticky, add flour as needed.
- Roll the dough into tiny 1.5 cm balls. Do the same with both doughs.
- To make the cookies, take three balls of each color. Alternate the six balls.
- Slowly, carefully press the balls together and roll them using the center of your hand’s palm.
- The cookies should look like a swirly, whirlpool with both colors twisting into each other.
- Flatten the tops slightly and place them on your baking sheet.
- Bake them for about 15 minutes, and let them cool on a wire rack.
lbry invite link: https://lbry.tv/$/invite/@chaia:b
If you sign up with this link you will get paid through LBC coin. This is the best way to get your feet wet in the world of crypto. Invite your friends and family and we all get paid.