If you’ve had rice pudding before, you know how good it is. It’s not for everybody, but I sure love it. Another thing I love—pie. So, I decided to combine the best of both worlds, and make a rice pudding pie. it is very thick, and filling, and you may or may not like it. It’s definitely not something I would make every week, but I think it’s nice to have a small slice from time to time. Also, this pie is actually a two-day process. The first day we make the pie dough and the rice pudding, then we finish it off the next day.
Ingredients for the Rice Pudding:
- 1 Cup White Rice, rinsed
- 1-2 Pods Crushed Cardamom,
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1/2 Cups Cream
- 3 Tbsp. Ricotta Cheese (Optional)
- 1 Cup Sugar
- If you want you can soak the rice for about 15 minutes before.
- I haven’t put the pie dough recipe here, all you need to do is make your own single-crust pie dough.
- I used pie weights to get a flat bottom, but you can use beans instead.
Directions for the Rice Pudding Pie:
- Heat up a saucepan on medium-low heat.
- Add in the white rice and milk. Let it simmer.
- In the mean time, make your pie dough. Wrap it in plastic wrap and put it in the fridge.
- Once the rice has been simmering for 20-30 minutes, you should be able to see the difference in the rice. Add in the crushed cardamom pods, and the sugar.
- Once the pudding is done, leave it in the fridge overnight along with the pie dough.
- The next day, roll out the pie dough.
- Place the pie crust over the pie pan, and smooth it out.
- Make a crust with the pie dough, and trim off any excess if needed.
- Crimp the pie crust.
- Because the rice pudding is a wet mixture, blind bake the pie crust. Place some parchment over the dough and add in your pie weights.
- Blind bake the pie crust at 375F for about 20 minutes.
- Scoop the rice pudding inside the crust. You might have some leftover.
- Bake the crust at 350F for about 20-30 minutes. If needed, cover the crust of the pie with foil or a crust cover and continue baking for another 5-10 minutes. As the pie cools it will set.
lbry invite link: https://lbry.tv/$/invite/@chaia:b
If you sign up with this link you will get paid through LBC coin. This is the best way to get your feet wet in the world of crypto. Invite your friends and family and we all get paid.