Razzleberry/Mixed Berry Pie Blog I just wanted to make pie before summer finally ends. The first time I heard of razzleberry, I was so confused, I thought it was another berry that I’d just never heard of before. But, turns out razzleberry is just a pie with raspberries and blackberries. This pie has more than just raspberries and blackberries, so I called it a mixed berry pie. But overall, some people say razzleberry is raspberries and blackberries. Some people say it’s just like mixed berries. It’s delicious, and my family loves it. They inhaled it in a matter of a few minutes.
Ingredients for the Mixed Berry Pie:
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mixed berries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- half a lemon juice
- 1 Egg (for egg wash)
- I’m using my favorite pie crust recipe from ‘simply recipes.’ You can use your favorite or, you can use the one I use.
- Make sure to use a double-crust recipe.
- I’m using my favorite silicone mat for pies. I used to have this crappy plastic one, you might have seen it in my previous videos, but recently I got this nice silicone one. It’s bigger, it’s nonslip, oven-safe, and I love it. I would recommend this one from amazon.
- I didn’t have to cover my pie. That was just the perfect amount of time. I think it’s a personal preference for what you want to do on pies’ baking times. Some people like it high and fast, and some people like it low and slow. Just do whatever you want for the baking time, to be honest.
- By the way, with my leftover pie crust, I have a go-to recipe, which is these pie crust pinwheels. They’re just little bite-sized pinwheels you can make out of the pie crust with butter, sugar, and cinnamon in the middle. I made them once, and then my whole family was addicted. So that’s what I make with my leftover pie crust.
- You don’t have to do the decorative pie cover that I did. You can do whatever you want for the cover crust.
Directions for the Mixed Berry Pie:
- While the pie crust is chilling, heat the berries on the stovetop, add sugar, cornstarch, and lemon juice.
- Once the pie crust is done chilling, you can roll out one of the discs.
- Once you roll out the pie crust, place it over your pie pan.
- Place parchment on top put in your marbles, and then blind bake it at 375 for 12 minutes.
- In the meantime, roll out the second top crust and then cut 9 1/2 in strips. Braid them together to make three big braids. Cut out a bunch of small flowers for the crust.
- Once the crust finishes baking, take the marbles out, and then put the berry filling in. Try not to get all of the berry juice there. Try to strain it out as much as possible.
- Once all of the berries are in there, you can put the cover on. I placed the three braids down the middle of the pie and then used the little flowers all around the edge.
- Brush it with a quick egg wash, and bake at 375 for 55 minutes.
lbry invite link: https://lbry.tv/$/invite/@chaia:b
If you sign up with this link you will get paid through LBC coin. This is the best way to get your feet wet in the world of crypto. Invite your friends and family and we all get paid.