Continuing with our bread series today, we are doing another enriched bread. We used to buy this raisin pecan bread, but it had a lot of sugar in it. So, I decided to include it in this bread series.This bread is super simple and easy to make, it’s no knead, and it’s also tasty. It’s great to have as breakfast, or anytime of day. It’s also great either alone or with some butter.
Ingredients for the Raisin Pecan Bread:
- 4 cups bread flour
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp yeast
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Directions for making the Raisin Pecan Bread:
- Mix the flour, salt, yeast, and water in a bowl. Go in with your hands to form a sticky dough, and mix it until everything is incorporated.
- Add in the raisins, and pecans.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it rest at room temperature overnight. Make sure your bowl is big enough because it will rise quite a bit.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface, form it into a round loaf.
- Use either loaf pans, a casserole dish with lid, dutch oven, or makeshift dutch oven. I put the dough on a floured pizza stone, with a big pot on top.
- Place the loaf in your container and let it rise for another 2 hours. It shouldn’t look too big, but a little bigger.
- Slash the bread however you want. Put the bread in your cold oven and start the timer for 45 minutes. Then start preheating your oven.
- Once the 45 minutes are up, remove the lid and continue baking the loaf for another 10 minutes and until there’s a deep brown color on top. The inside temperature should read at least 205F.
- Take the bread out, let it cool completely before slicing.
lbry invite link: https://lbry.tv/$/invite/@chaia:b
If you sign up with this link you will get paid through LBC coin. This is the best way to get your feet wet in the world of crypto. Invite your friends and family and we all get paid.