Several customers have asked me to make banana bread vegan, so I’ve been trying, and finally, I sold a couple of vegan banana breads, but they weren’t gluten-free, so I decided to try a gluten-free, vegan banana bread, and it turned out delicious and moist. I’m happy to provide the banana bread that my customers finally requested. Here is the recipe for you to try:
Ingredients for the Banana Bread:
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 flax eggs
- 3 bananas
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup cooked millet
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
- I used vegan, gluten-free, sugar-free monk-fruit chocolate chips for the chocolate chips that I used.
- Please don’t skip any of the ingredients.
Directions for the Banana Bread:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a standard size loaf pan.
- Stir together the dry ingredients
- In a separate bowl, mix together the eggs, sugar, and coconut oil
- Add in the mashed bananas
- Fold in the dry ingredients
- Fold in the cooked quinoa and millet and the chocolate chips
- Bake for about 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.