These madeleines are perfect with a hot cup of tea or coffee on a cold fall afternoon. They have a nice pumpkin spice flavor and are soft and fluffy. Recipe adapted from: The Yellow Table
Ingredients for the Pumpkin Madeleines:
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg or mace
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- I made this recipe with a hand mixer, which I would recommend, but this recipe can be made by hand or in a stand mixer.
- As a substitution for the spices, you can use 1 or 1 1/2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice.
Directions for the Pumpkin Madeleines:
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a madeleine tin.
- Beat the sugar and oil together. Add the eggs,and pumpkin puree.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl, and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add the flour, baking powder and soda, salt, and all the spices.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients and slowly combine into the wet ingredients either by hand or on a low speed setting using the hand mixer.
- Use a tablespoon, or a small spoon for the batter. Fill the whole tin, and bake for 10-11 minutes.
- Cool for 1-2 minutes, then turn the madeleines out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Optional: Dust with powdered sugar.
lbry invite link: https://lbry.tv/$/invite/@chaia:b
If you sign up with this link you will get paid through LBC coin. This is the best way to get your feet wet in the world of crypto. Invite your friends and family and we all get paid.