You’ve heard of zucchini bead, sweet potato bread, and all kinds of bread and I wanted to do something with peaches other than peach cobbler. Variety is always good. I wasn’t really sure if peaches could even come together as a bread, because they’re quite juicy. But the overall result was fine, and this is a nice bread I’d like to bake during the summer where there’s an abundance of peaches.
Ingredients for the Peach Bread:
- 3 Cups Flour
- 2 Tsp. Baking Powder
- 2 Tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Oil
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/2 Cups Peaches
- Nuts (Optional)
Directions for the Peach Bread:
- First start by preheating the oven to 350 F and grease a loaf pan.
- Then whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the sugar and oil.
- Add the vanilla extract, and eggs.
- After that fold in the dry ingredients, and don’t over-mix.
- Lastly, fold in the peaches.
- Pour it into the loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 F for about 60 minutes, or until golden brown, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let it cool for about 30 min on a wire rack.