These lentil tater-tots are so addicting and super easy to make. You can make the whole recipe in the food processor. They are a healthier version of tater tots because they aren’t potatoes, but they are still deep-fried. It is possible to bake them in the oven, but I haven’t tried it.
Ingredients for the Lentil Tater-Tots:
- App. 1/4 cup Masoor Dal
- App. 1/4 cup Moong Bean/Dal
- 1/2 cup Urad Dal
- 1/2 cup Channa Dal
- 1 tbsp curry powder (you may adjust the quantity)
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- chili powder to taste
- juice of half a lemon
- cilantro or parsley (optional)
- water as needed
Directions for the Lentil Tater-Tots:
- Soak all the lentils overnight. They should look slightly more prominent.
- Add all of the lentils into a food processor and process until they’re a course meal.
- Add all of the spices and other ingredients.
- Process until everything is smooth, don’t overdo it.
- Add water as needed. It should be a very thick batter.
- Start heating oil for frying.
- Take about a tablespoon of batter and shape it into your desired shape.
- Drop it into the oil. You can do about 5 or 6 at a time, depending on how big your pot is.
- Once they start to brown, slowly turn them over until they are an even golden brown color.
- Serve warm with ketchup, mayo, or whatever you want!
lbry invite link: https://lbry.tv/$/invite/@chaia:b
If you sign up with this link you will get paid through LBC coin. This is the best way to get your feet wet in the world of crypto. Invite your friends and family and we all get paid.