These rolls are soft, fluffy, delicious rolls in a creamy, gooey, coconut sauce. It’s great to have for breakfast, as a dessert, or any time of day. They’re also easy to make! If you’re tired of your average dinner roll, this recipe is for you. This is also an alternative for dinner rolls or biscuits.
- 3/4 cup cream
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 6 tbsp sugar (1/4 cup + 2 tbsp)
- 1 1/2 tsp yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 CAN coconut milk (NOT CARTON)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- pinch salt
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- Add cream, milk, and sugar to a saucepan over medium heat. Stir for about 5 minutes.
- Let it cool until the mixture is at least under 110 F, warm enough for the yeast.
- Add the yeast, and let bloom for at least 10 min, until bubbly.
- Sift in the flour and salt. Mix with the dough hook until everything is incorporated. It should be a sticky dough. You can also do this by hand.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured countertop. Knead until you form a smooth ball. Place in a large oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let rise for at least 2 hours AND UNTIL DOUBLED IN SIZE.
- Meanwhile, grease your pan/dish with butter.
- Once the dough finishes rising, turn it out onto a floured countertop and divide into 12 pieces, or your desired amount/size of rolls.
- For an exact scale measurement, each roll should be about 67 grams or a little more than 2 oz.
- Shape all the buns, and place them in your greased pan/dish. Let them rise for at least another hour or until visibly MORE PUFFED UP.
- Mix the cornstarch with 1/4 cup of coconut milk.
- Add the remaining coconut milk in a saucepan over medium heat, add sugar and salt.
- Add the cornstarch mixture, cook and stir for another 3 min, take off the heat.
- When the buns finish rising, preheat the oven to 400F
- Add 1 cup of the coconut sauce all over the buns. Bake for 25-30 min, or until the top is golden brown.
- Add the remaining coconut sauce for serving.