As fall approaches, it is the season for pies. This year, I decided to see if I could turn pie into a bar recipe. Bars are super easy to make, portable, and they’re grab-and-go. I discovered that you can make endless variations of bars, sweet, savory, healthy, etc. Try out this recipe and leave a comment, let me know how it turned out!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, unsalted, cold, cubed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- ice water (as needed)
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp instant espresso powder
- pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- powdered sugar, for dusting (optional)
- This recipe can also be made without eggs, etc, although I haven’t tried it myself.
- Preheat the oven to 350, and grease an 8X8″ square pan
- In a food processor, pulse together the flour, sugar, brown sugar, and salt. Add in the cold butter and continue to pulse until the consistency is a course meal with some pieces of butter.
- Turn it out in the pan and even it out with a spatula and your hands.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 15 min.
- Once it’s cold, place parchment paper inside with pie weights. Bake for 20 min, and then let it cool for at least an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 325
- While the crust is chilling, melt the butter and chocolate chips in a kind of bain-marie setup.
- Heat a small pot/saucepan of boiling water with a bowl on top and stir the butter with the chocolate chips until it melts smooth (about 3 min)
- Off the heat, whisk in the vanilla, sugar, espresso, and salt.
- Add the eggs, and pour on the crust.
- Even it out with the spatula and tap to get out any air bubbles.
- Bake at 325 for 45 min.
- Cool for at least 2 hours before cutting, dust with powdered sugar.
lbry invite link: https://lbry.tv/$/invite/@chaia:b
If you sign up with this link you will get paid through LBC coin. This is the best way to get your feet wet in the world of crypto. Invite your friends and family and we all get paid.