Since you all enjoyed my cast-iron bread rolls with cheesy spinach dip recipe, I decided to make a similar recipe, but it’s all together in individual rolls. These rolls are super fluffy and have a pretty pinwheel shape with cheesy spinach in the middle. They’re great as a side, or just as it is when you’re hungry for a snack!
Ingredients for the Rolls:
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 1/4 cups bread flour or all-purpose
- 1 tbsp salt
- Two eggs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Ingredients for the Filling:
- Eight oz/1 cups of fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup sour cream/mascarpone
- 1/4 cup mayo (optional)
- One brick (8 oz) cream cheese for baking!
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan
- 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp pepper (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes (or to taste)
- 2-3 cloves of grated garlic (or to taste)
- For this recipe, you can use either bread flour or all-purpose. It depends on what kind of texture you’re looking for or whatever you have on hand! Bread flour will give you a more hearty roll, while all-purpose will provide you with a more fluffy roll.
Directions for making the dough:
- Warm the milk and whisk in the yeast and sugar. Set aside for 5 min or until the top is foamy.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, add the flour, salt and mix with the dough hook attachment.
- Add in the eggs one at a time and the olive oil.
- Add the milk and yeast mixture.
- Start mixing on low and increase to medium. Knead at medium for about 10 min. The dough should look smooth and stretchy.
- Place in a greased bowl and cover with a towel or plastic wrap and let it rise for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until doubled in size.
Directions for the Filling:
- Once the rolls rising, heat a pan on low-med heat.
- Add a bit of olive oil and spinach.
- Start cooking the spinach until it goes down some, then add salt, pepper, chili flakes, and garlic.
- Add cheddar and parmesan.
- Next, add the sour cream, mayo, and cream cheese.
- Keep cooking until everything is melted and mixed.
- Set aside off the heat.
Directions for Assembly:
- Once the dough finishes rising, punch down and transfer to a lightly floured countertop.
- Roll the dough into a long thin rectangle. (I don’t have an exact measurement.) Just eyeball it. I believe in you 😉
- Spread the filling all over and roll the dough into a cylinder, starting on a long edge. (Like cinnamon rolls)
- Cut rolls about 1/2-1 inch thick and place on a lined baking sheet.
- Let rise for another 30 min while you preheat your oven to 350
- Brush with egg wash over each roll and bake for about 20-25 min or until golden brown.
lbry invite link: https://lbry.tv/$/invite/@chaia:b
If you sign up with this link you will get paid through LBC coin. This is the best way to get your feet wet in the world of crypto. Invite your friends and family and we all get paid.