I made these really yummy carrot cupcakes for Easter, but honestly, they’re perfect for anytime of year. You also don’t have to put a frosting on them, but carrot cake and cream cheese is a match made in heaven anyways, so I decided to put a frosting on them. These are also super easy to make, and perfect for beginners! I decided to fill them with lots of carrots, nuts and raisins, but you don’t have to add in the nuts and raisins.
Ingredients for the cupcakes:
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. Baking soda
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/3 cup oil, melted butter, or ghee
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream, yogurt, milk, or applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrots
- 1/3 cup nuts (optional; I used walnuts or pecans)
- 1/3 cup raisins (optional)
Ingredients for the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 oz (1 package) of cream cheese room temperature, softened
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted room temperature butter
- 1 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- Instead of all the spices, you can use pumpkin pie spice
- If you don’t have white sugar, then you can do 1 cup of brown sugar, or you can do 1 cup of white sugar. I like using brown sugar because it adds flavor and moisture.
- Using sour cream in recipes always makes everything really nice and moist, which is why I always add it in muffins and cupcakes.
- You can either use sour cream, yogurt, milk, or applesauce, either one will work fine. If you have none then cream with water will do the job.
- If you don’t have cream cheese, you can also just top them with a regular vanilla frosting.
- I made this recipe in my stand mixer, but you can also use a hand mixer, or make the recipe by hand.
- I use an ice cream scoop when dividing the batter, but you don’t have to.
- Leave your cream cheese and butter out so that they’re room temperature when you’re going to make the frosting.
- I used an open star 1m tip to frost my cupcakes, but feel free to use whatever piping tip you want.
Directions for the Cupcakes:
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line your muffin pan
- Whisk together all of the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder and soda, spices, and salt)
- Whisk together the oil and sugar
- Add in the sour cream
- Then the vanilla extract and eggs
- Then mix in the grated carrots
- Add in the dry ingredients, and mix in on a low speed.
- Divide the batter in the muffin cups and bake it at 350 for about 20 minutes.
- Take them out of the oven and let them cool before making the frosting.
Directions for the Cream Cheese frosting:
- Beat the cream cheese and butter together for 2 minutes until they’re smooth
- Add in the powdered sugar and the vanilla
- Beat it until it’s nice and smooth
- Once the cupcakes are cool, you can frost them.
lbry invite link: https://lbry.tv/$/invite/@chaia:b
If you sign up with this link you will get paid through LBC coin. This is the best way to get your feet wet in the world of crypto. Invite your friends and family and we all get paid.