This buttermilk bundt cake is the perfect basic simple recipe if you want to try out a new bundt cake, if you only have basic ingredients but you want a yummy cake, or if you have some buttermilk to finish off. It’s also a really easy beginners recipe.
Ingredients for the Buttermilk Bundt Cake:
- 1-2 Cups Sugar
- 1 Cup Oil or butter
- 1-2 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 3 Eggs
- 3 Cups Flour
- 1/2 Tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1 Cup Buttermilk
Optional: Plain or glazed/iced or dusted with powdered sugar
- You can use either oil, softened butter, or ghee
- The sugar is according to your taste
Directions for the Buttermilk Bundt Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and make sure to grease the bundt pan well. Either use a baking spray or oil and flour your pan.
- First start by whisking together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Next beat the oil and sugar together
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract
- Then alternate adding in the dry ingredients and the buttermilk.
- Once the batter is done, pour it into the prepared pan, and bake it for about an hour and until it looks golden brown or a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
A good pan to place your cake on can be found here: