Everybody usually makes black bottom pecan pie or pecan pie in the Thanksgiving and Christmas season, including me. I wanted to take that recipe but make it in the form of cupcakes to celebrate the New Year. I had to rewrite the pie recipe to turn it into cupcakes, which took a while, but now I have a successful hybrid pie-cupcake recipe. Let me know in the comments what you guys are planning to do for 2021 and some of your resolutions! Don’t forget to do something new and different this year.
Ingredients for the Cupcakes:
- 2/3 cup (10 2/3 tbsp) butter (melted)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Two eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- chocolate chips for the bottom
Ingredients for the Whipped Cream Frosting:
- 1-pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- I used only 1 cup of brown sugar in the cupcakes because I was adding a frosting. Because of this, the cupcakes might be a little bit less sweet, so if you have a sweet tooth add more sugar.
- This recipe can be made without the chocolate chips at the bottom for regular pecan pie cupcakes.
Instructions for the Cupcakes:
- Preheat the oven to 350. Grease and line a 12 cup muffin tin. Sprinkle chocolate chips on the bottom of each cupcake liner.
- Melt the butter, and beat with the brown sugar. Add eggs. Add flour. Fold in the chopped pecans.
- Bake at 350 for 20 min and let cool.
Instructions for the Frosting:
- Using a whisk attachment in the stand mixer, beat the cream on a med-high speed.
- Add the sifted powdered sugar, and beat at high speed.
- Add the vanilla.
- Continue beating until stiff peaks.
- Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a piping tip. I used the Wilton 1m open star tip, which is my go-to piping tip for cupcakes.
- Frost the cupcakes and top with a whole pecan on each cupcake.
lbry invite link: https://lbry.tv/$/invite/@chaia:b
If you sign up with this link you will get paid through LBC coin. This is the best way to get your feet wet in the world of crypto. Invite your friends and family and we all get paid.