Me and my family LOVES this beet chocolate cake the combination is beautiful. Whenever we buy beets this is always the first thing that we make out of it. You don’t taste the beets at all, and I think that one for the reasons why it goes so well together is that if you didn’t know, beets are actually a REALLY sweet vegetable and the nice sweet dark red color of the beets with the chocolate just makes the cake so much better. So definitely try out this recipe, I’ve also made this recipe for Mother’s Day
Ingredients for the Beet Chocolate Cake:
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup oil, or softened butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3-4 grated or boiled beets
- If you want more sugar, you can increase the amount of sugar
- As usual, you can use either oil or butter in the recipe.
- You can either make this recipe in a loaf pan, or cake pans. When I made the Mother’s day cake I used a 6 inch cake pan, and a cake ring set to 6 inches. If you don’t know what a cake ring or a ring mold is, it’s an adjustable ring that can be adjusted from 16 cm, to 30 cm, you can use this for baking cakes in it, or when you’re stacking and layering chilled cakes. It’s a really handy thing to have if you don’t want to have multiple of every size cake pan that you have.
Directions for the Beet Chocolate Cake:
- First start by preheating the oven to 350F and greasing your cake pan
- After that, whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder, salt)
- In a separate bowl, beat the sugar and oil together. Add in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Slowly mix in the dry ingredients, and the beets
- Pour the batter into your prepared pan.
- If you’re baking it in a loaf pan, bake it for 65-75 minutes, If it’s in a cake pan, then bake it for 50-60 minutes.