These madeleines are perfect with a hot cup of tea or coffee on a cold fall afternoon. They have a nice pumpkin spice flavor and are soft and fluffy. Recipe adapted from: The Yellow Table
Ingredients for the Pumpkin Madeleines:
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg or mace
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- I made this recipe with a hand mixer, which I would recommend, but this recipe can be made by hand or in a stand mixer.
- As a substitution for the spices, you can use 1 or 1 1/2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice.
Directions for the Pumpkin Madeleines:
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a madeleine tin.
- Beat the sugar and oil together. Add the eggs,and pumpkin puree.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl, and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add the flour, baking powder and soda, salt, and all the spices.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients and slowly combine into the wet ingredients either by hand or on a low speed setting using the hand mixer.
- Use a tablespoon, or a small spoon for the batter. Fill the whole tin, and bake for 10-11 minutes.
- Cool for 1-2 minutes, then turn the madeleines out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Optional: Dust with powdered sugar.