This is always my go-to cheese sauce recipe. It’s super easy to make, especially if you’ve made a classic béchamel because it’s made quite the same way. It also goes with practically anything. It’s also a quick sauce for dinner with some steamed broccoli, and roasted potatoes. You can also have it on nachos, pizza, bread, salads, or however you want! I have a secret ingredient in here which is the curry powder and it adds nice flavor.
Ingredients for the Cheese Sauce:
- 1/2 Stick Butter
- 2-3 Tbsp. Flour
- 1 Tsp. Curry Powder (optional)
- Pinch of Black Pepper
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 Cups Milk
- 3 Cloves Crushed Garlic (or to taste)
- Grated Block Of Cheese (1 1/2 Cups Approximately)
- It may solidify when it’s in the fridge, but once you heat it up, the cheese will melt again.
Directions for the Cheese Sauce:
- Start by melting the butter in a saucepan. Slowly add in the flour. Let it cook and mix it to make it smooth.
- Slowly add in the milk. Keep stirring it until it starts to thicken.
- Add in the crushed garlic, black pepper, and curry powder.
- Add in the grated cheese.