I know hummus isn’t everybody’s thing, but I personally love hummus, it’s one of my favorite things to make, and we always make it at home. It’s super quick and goes with almost everything. You can use it as a dip, you can use it as a spread, on sandwiches, with chips, and so much more. I also had some beets on hand, and I wanted some hummus. So then I decided to make this beet hummus, and it’s nice to have a change from making regular hummus.
Ingredients for the Beet Hummus:
- 1 1/2 Cups Boiled and Drained Chickpeas
- 1 Cup Chopped Boiled Beets (Cut into cubes)
- 1 1/2 Tsp. Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 Tsp. Cumin
- 1 Tsp. Chili Powder (optional, but I like it)
- 3 Tbs. Roasted Sesame Oil
- Salt To Taste
- Water as needed
- Lemon or lime (optional)
Directions for the Beet Hummus:
- Start by adding in the chickpeas and beets in the food processor, and pulse it to break it up a bit.
- Add in the ginger garlic, cumin, chili powder, and salt. Pulse it again to combine.
- Add in the sesame oil, and continue mixing it. Add water as needed to make a nice paste/hummus consistency. Keep mixing until everything is smooth.