Since I just recently made the tea loaf, I didn’t want to leave the coffee lovers behind so I decided to make a coffee loaf as well. It’s done the same way as the tea loaf, except with coffee. It doesn’t have any coffee extract, but the flavor and aroma is purely from the brewed coffee. Another nice thing is that you can adjust the coffee to your liking. You can make it however you want it, and whatever strength you like. It’s great whenever you want it, and it’s super easy to make.
Ingredients for the Coffee Loaf:
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup oil or butter
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of coffee, however you like it.
Directions for the Coffee Loaf:
- First start by preheating your oven to 325, and grease a standard size loaf pan.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Then beat the oil or butter and sugar together.
- Add the vanilla, and the eggs one by one.
- Next, alternate between adding in the dry ingredients, and the brewed coffee. Don’t over-mix the batter.
- Pour the batter in the loaf pan and bake it for about an hour at 325F.