Brownies are a classic very simple, very easy, and VERY yummy recipe. However, just make sure that you have time on your hands because the brownies do steam for an hour. That’s what we’re going to be making today. For brownies you really don’t have to change the recipe much, so the recipe is probably quite familiar to you. This recipe is how I like my brownies, a bit fudgy, and with lots of rich chocolate flavor. But you can adjust the recipe to make them how you like them! Anyway, please make sure to try out the recipe, and let me know how it turned out.
Ingredients for the Brownies:
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup chocolate
- 3/4 tsp of salt
- 2 room temperature eggs
- 1/2 cup oil or butter of choice
- 1/4 cup milk (if needed)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- This recipe can be made by hand, in fact I made them by hand
- I used bittersweet chocolate pieces, but you can use your chocolate of choice. If you want more of a chocolate flavor, I would recommend using bittersweet or dark chocolate.
- If you prefer the flavor of olive oil, or brown butter, you can use that. I used a neutral oil.
- You might need either some milk or water because the batter is very thick.
Directions for setting up your steaming setup:
- First you want to find a large pot to use, and fill it up about halfway with water. Especially since these brownies cook for longer, make sure that you periodically check the water level, otherwise all of the water will run out and ruin your pot.
- Next you want to find some kind of stand or rack to use, if you don’t have a rack or stand to use, then use some other bowl or elevator. Then put in your mold.
- Start heating up the water while you make the recipe, because you want to be putting the brownies into already boiling water.
Directions for making the Brownies:
- Grease your pan. I used about an 8 or 9 inch round metal pan to make my brownies in, just make sure it fits in the pot.
- Combine the sugar, flour, salt, and the chocolate pieces.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs.
- Add in the oil, and the vanilla.
- Whisk together everything until it’s smooth, and then add in the dry ingredients.
- The batter should be thick. Stir it until it’s all combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan
- Place your stand in the water, and place the cake pan on top.
- Remember to cover the lid of the pot with a kitchen towel.
- Steam the brownies at medium to low heat for about an hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean.
- Let the brownies cool completely for at least a half hour until slicing and dicing!