These biscuits are beautifully soft and fluffy. They go great with soup in the fall season. You can have them at dinner-time, or even during breakfast with some butter. It’s also great to finish off some leftover purees and when you’re tired of regular biscuits.
Ingredients for the Biscuits:
- 2 cups bread flour or all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp brown sugar (optional)
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 6 tbsp butter, cold, unsalted
- 3/4 cup sweet potato puree (and/or squash)
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- This recipe can be made by hand.
- You can make homemade purees for this recipe.
- For the squash puree, I would recommend adding a bit less because it is slightly more wet than the sweet potato puree, and it affects the final texture of the biscuits.
Directions for the Biscuits:
- Preheat the oven to 400 F
- In a food processor, pulse together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- Add the butter and pulse until there are some butter pieces left. It should be a course meal.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the puree and the buttermilk.
- Add it to the food processor, and mix until incorporated.
- Turn the dough out, and form it into a disc 1 inch thick.
- Use a 2 inch round cookie cutter and start cutting out biscuits.
- Reuse the scraps until all the dough is finished.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. Once they’re fresh out of the oven, brush with melted butter.
lbry invite link: https://lbry.tv/$/invite/@chaia:b
If you sign up with this link you will get paid through LBC coin. This is the best way to get your feet wet in the world of crypto. Invite your friends and family and we all get paid.